1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on a computer as a result of visiting a website and they are used to record certain interactions of navigation on a website storing data that can be updated and retrieved. These files are stored on the user’s computer and they contain anonymous data that is not harmful to his equipment. They are used to remember the preferences of the user, such as the selected language, login details or the personalization of the site.
Cookies can also be used to record anonymous information about how a visitor uses a site. For example, from which website one has arrived, or if an advertising banner has been used to enter.
This website uses “cookies” of the following types:
· Cookie of Google ANALYTICS: Google ANALYTICS is a free service provided by Google Inc. that collects information about the consulted websites, at what time, which web browser, etc. Afterwards the information is send to the servers of Google Inc. in the United States.
· Application cookies “Add-this”: Add-this is a free service that allows to share pages of this website by different means (email, social networks, etc.). Add-this collects statistic information of your browsing in order to provide advertisement adjusted to your browsing habits on this website or any other.
3. What do we use the different cookies for?
According to their purpose:
· Technical cookies: Technical cookies are essential and strictly necessary for the correct functioning of a web portal and the use of the different options and services offered. For example those that are of use for session maintenance, handling of response time, performance and validation of options, elements of security, share content with social networks, etc.
· Cookies of personalization: These cookies enable the user to specify and personalize some characteristics of the website’s general options. For example, choose the language, regional settings or the type of browser.
· Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are used by our web portal to develop navigation profiles and to learn about the users preferences in order to optimize the products and services. The use of analytical cookies facilitates for example the review of the preferred geographic areas of a user or to get to know the product that attracts most, etc.
· Advertising cookies: Advertising cookies allow the handling of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example, access frequency, edited content, etc. Advertising cookies allow to collect information about the mode of behavior by monitoring habits, studying the logins and this way creating a profile of preferences of the user in order to offer advertisement according to his interests.
According to time frame:
· Session cookies: Session cookies are those that last for the time the user is browsing the website and they vanish at the end of the session.
· Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored in the user’s terminal for a longer period to facilitate the control of the chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters every time the website is visited.
4. And if I don’t want to have these cookies or do nothing about it?
If you still decide to modify the configuration of your access to the website you should know that at any time you can delete cookies or prevent them from being stored on your computer by modifying the settings of your web browser:
· Configuration of cookies using Internet Explorer
· Configuration of cookies using Firefox
· Configuration of cookies using Google Chrome
· Configuration of cookies using Safari
Due to the fact that these browsers are subject to change or modification we cannot guarantee that they completely conform to the version of your browser. You may also use a browser not mentioned above like Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid mismatching, you can gain access directly from your browser using the options menu that is usually found in the “privacy” section. (For more information, please refer to the help documentation of your browser.)
5. Where can I get more information?